Monday 12/1 - Bloodmobile at Methodist Church from 12:30-5:00
Tuesday 12/2 -
- Sis. Clara Fischer’s Funeral - visitation is 4-7 on Mon. and 9:00-9:45 on Tuesday
- Helping Hands - has been rescheduled for Tuesday 12/9. A special Christmas lunch will be provided.
- Annual Business Meeting for the Church and Nursing Home
- Scripture Memory Class - SMC Christmas party is this Wednesday night at the Nursing Home. Please have your child's resident's gift delivered by 7:10. Meet in the dining room at 7:10 for the party. Please pick up your child in the Multi Purpose room after church.
- Bible Class - Bible class students should bring their Thompson chain reference Bibles to Sunday school on December 7th.
- The 15th annual Christmas Caroling and Supper at 4 pm - Everyone is invited. If you plan to attend, there is a sign-up sheet on both the north and west bulletin boards. There is also a sign-up sheet on the west bulletin board for food donations and workers to help with this activity. If you sign up to bring food, remember also to sign up on the list of those planning to attend.
- Maintenance Fund Collection
Sunday 12/14 - Sunday School Christmas Program
Haiti Work Team - A Roanoke work team is planned for Haiti on March 26 – April 3. The team will be hosted by Bro Scott & Sis Mandy Yordy and is an opportunity to support them and their work. For more information contact Bro. Rich Bertschi.
2015 Rotating Potluck - It’s time to set the schedule for the 2015 Roanoke church rotating potluck. If you have any additions, deletions, or other changes to the existing roster, please list them on the sheet posted in the back (North) hall. All are welcome to participate.
Phone Directory Update - It is time to update the church directory. If you have updates for the directory, please either fill out an update card located in the North hall or fill out the form found on the church website. http://www.roanokeacchurch.org/directory.html
Automated Call System - The trustees have decided to implement an automated call system to replace our current manual call trees that are used for cancelling church and other time-sensitive messages. If church is cancelled because of weather or lack of power, a minister or trustee will send out a message informing the congregation at the same time. Each person can choose how they prefer to be notified -- either by text or voice message.
Our church directory was used to create a master list for the call system. If anyone has a cell phone number listed in the church directory, this number was used, with a preference or a text message. If no cell phone number was listed in the church directory, the land line number was used, with a preference for a voice message.
This automated call system master list is on a table in the north hall. Please check the list to
make sure you will be notified in the manner you prefer. Please mark any changes, or if your information is how you wish to be notified, please mark OK. The trustees will be present to answer questions.
Sunday 12/14 - Special Collection - The trustees have decided to replace the church's pneumatic heating and cooling temperature control system with an electronic system. The current system was installed when the church was built 48 years ago. It is not working properly, and some replacement parts are no longer available. The new system will allow for more even heating and cooling in the sanctuary and throughout the church. Since this improvement will cost approximately $48,000, there will be a special collection on December 14. If you feel moved to make a donation, please write Building Fund on the memo line of you check.
Support for the Nursing Home - Sign up sheets are on the bulletin board for homemade cookies, and decorated birthday cakes for 2015. This is a good opportunity to serve the elderly from your own kitchen. These decorated cakes do NOT have to be professionally done.