Tuesday 9/4 - Helping Hands is Cancelled - due to the basement remodeling project
- Continuation of the General Conference: The Hope of the Gospel
- Jesus Christ the Savior - Our Only Hope - Bro. Tom Klotzle (Los Angeles/Altadena)
- Our Response - Faith & Repentance - The Dawn of Hope - Bro.Jay Luthi (Lamont/Gridley)
- High School WOW at the Beers at 7:00
Thursday 9/6 - Walk-in Bridal Shower for Sis. Jenna Moser and Bro. Nick Sizemore - It will be from 7-8 p.m. at the Fellowship Hall. Please see the bulletin board to sign up and for more information.
Friday 9/7 - 7th and 8th Grade Students Singing at Timber Ridge - 7th and 8th grade students and their families will be sharing an evening of singing and fellowship with the residents of Timber Ridge in Morton. All that are going should meet at the Commerce Bank parking lot at 6PM, and the group will be stopping for pizza afterward. Students whose families are not able to attend will be provided with a ride home.
- Berean Stamp Collection - The Berean Prison Ministry stamp collection will be on the next two Sundays. Many stamps are used for the Bible studies and other materials that they send to the inmates. The ministry is very appreciative of everyone who helps grade the Bible studies. Approximately 5,000 bibles and 10,000 Bible studies are mailed out each year. There will be a basket in the north hall Sept. 9 and 16 if you would like to donate a roll or book of stamps. Additional information about Berean Prison Ministries and their annual banquet is posted on the bulletin board. If you have any questions, please see Sisters: Donna or Rebekah Schwind.
- Appreciation Dinner and Singing for Bro. Tom and Sis. Kathy - will be held at church at 4:30. Sign up sheets are on both bulletin boards. Please sign name and number attending. The food and help sign up will be available on perfect potluck or you can contact one of the trustee’s wives.
Wednesday 9/12 - Topical Presentation “Your Gifts in His Body” will be at the Fellowship Hall
Sunday School - Please keep the students and teachers in your prayers as we start a new year of sharing the Truth of God’s Word with our youth.
- Sunday School & Bible Class - Sunday School for 3 year olds through 8th Grade will begin on September 16. The first day for Bible Class students will be September 9, starting at 10AM in the Fellowship Hall.
- ACYF Day - September 16 - Roanoke will be hosting the Bible Classes from Goodfield, Morton, and Tremont for the Fall ACYF Day on September 16. The day will consist of a lesson and activities at the Fellowship Hall in the morning, and then the students and teachers will be joining the congregation for afternoon worship service, with a short song program following the service. Students should arrive at the Fellowship Hall at 8:45AM to start the day.
Saturday 9/29 - Ladies’ Day - “Bountiful Grace” will be the theme for Ladies’ Day. It will be a day of cross-generational interaction, fellowship and encouragement through talks and discussions for all women, high school age and above, who attend Roanoke church. This event will be held at the fellowship hall from 9:15 to 2:00, with registration and a coffee bar from 8:45-9:15. Please RSVP by September 16 by signing up on the bulletin board or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include any food allergies in your RSVP.
Missionary Prayer Packets - Additional packets are available by the bulletin board in the north hall for anyone who didn’t get one before. For those who already have a pack, updated packets are there too. Thanks for praying for those on the mission field.
E-mailed Announcements - The announcements were sent out on Saturday evening through “One Call Now.” Bro. Tom’s e-mail list has been merged with the church’s “One Call Now” list to create one master e-mail list. If you did not receive an e-mail with the announcement or if you want to be taken off the list, please see Sis. Jenell Hodel or Bro. Frank Sauder.
Bro. Frank’s Cell Phone: 309-657-2809
Welcome Bro. Eric and Sis Gina Hodel and Family - The Hodels along with their children (Ethan, who is a freshman at Olivet Nazarene University, Kara who is a junior in High School and Ty who is an 8th grader) plan to make Roanoke their church. They had attended the Bloomington Church, but since they are now settled into Metamora, they felt led to be a part of a local community and congregation. Their contact information is:
Eric & Gina Hodel
753 Santa Fe Trail
Metamora, IL 61548
Eric mobile - 309-264-6260, email@example.com
Gina mobile - 309-264-7412, firstname.lastname@example.org