Sunday 9/30 - Dedication for the Sunday School
Wednesday - 10/3
- Conclusion of the Conference Message - The Hope of the Gospel
- Kept by the Power of God through Faith - The Anchor of Hope (Bro. Marvin Dotterer/Forrest)
- Our Blessed Hope (Bro. Tim Funk/Peoria)
- Youth Meetings
- Scripture Memory Class
- ACTIVE is in the Church Basement at 7:30
- HOPE is in the Church Kitchen at 7:30
- WOW at the Beer’s Home at 7:00
Thursday 10/4 - Helping Hands from 9:00 - 3:00 - Helping Hands will begin meeting again on a NEW day beginning THURSDAY, OCT. 4 from 9 to 3. Please bring your lunch. Because of not meeting over the summer, there are several projects to prepare for.
- There is a need for two sisters to serve on the planning committee. Please know that you do not need to know how to sew to serve on this committee. Basic sewing skills are useful and appreciated. There is planning & overseeing projects for group activities, ordering supplies, shopping and more.
- Helping Hands will be taking over health kit needs for the S.E.E.D. program. SEED stand for Service, Evangelization, Education and Development. Ag students from the Jr College located in Les Cayes serve an internship traveling the area to teach better ag practices and spread the Gospel. Ties for the men and neck scarves for the ladies are included in the kits. The next two Sundays, (Sept 30th and Oct 7th), Helping Hands will be collecting men’s ties and ladies scarves for the S.E.E.D. project in Haiti. The scarves should be squares or light weight long scarves suitable for hot weather.
- Also, Helping Hands does collect used eyeglasses and cases.
- Questions? Contact Sis Carol Luginbuhl.
Friday 10/5 Due Date for Returning the Talents and Ministry Interests Survey - We are making a concerted effort to create a process that will allow needs to be known to a central point of contact and identifying individuals to help with those needs. The next step includes identifying your talents and ministry interests. As a way to do that, we would appreciate if all members and friends of the Roanoke Church would review the Examples of Talents and Ministry Interests form and fill out the Talents and Ministry Interests Survey. Both were emailed. If you did not receive the email or would like a paper copy they are located in the back hall. Please email or mail the completed survey to Bro. Matt Feucht by October 5th at email@example.com or 1703 County Road 1150 N, Eureka, IL 61530. This information will be kept in a database, and when needs arise, Sis. Marjorie Bertschi will use the information to mobilize the church to help.
Wednesday 10/10 - Annual Nursing Home Presentation at the Fellowship Hall at 7:30
All Church Small Group Bible Study - The Sermon on the Mount - To keep us all growing in the Word, a small group Bible study on the Sermon on the Mount is being planned for this fall. Each member and friend of our Roanoke church is encouraged to participate, and we hope to begin in early October. This study is 12 sessions long, with each session lasting approximately 1 hour. If you are unable to participate in a church small group, we encourage you to complete this study with an established small group, a friend, a spouse, or on your own. In conjunction with the small group study, we are also planning to have our Wednesday night topical Bible studies cover the Sermon on the Mount. Beginning in January, the ministers will cover topics from this section of scripture to further our understanding of these great truths. Again, we hope that many will participate in this joint effort. You may sign up for the small group Bible study by completing a form located in the North Hall or by calling or e-mailing Bro. Jeremy Knepp.
Friday 10/12 - Loving Shepherd Ministries Benefit - LSM will be hosting a meal and charity auction for the vulnerable children of Haiti and Ethiopia at Five Points in Washington. The meal and Silent Auction start at 5:30PM with the Live Auction starting at 6:30PM. Items are still needed. This year, we are requesting all bakers to submit their best desserts for a special desserts section of our Silent Auction. If you would like to donate an item and/or dessert, please contact Sis. Brittany Schwind at 309-678-8205 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The auction is a wonderful evening of fellowship and enjoyment while raising much needed funds to help the world’s most vulnerable children. There will be free childcare provided, so couples with young children are encouraged to attend.
Nursing Home Openings - We have a full time housekeeping position available and we are also looking for nurses to work PRN for all shifts. If anyone is interested, they can contact the Home or see Brother Nate or Sister Penny for more information.
College Care Packages - As a church body we would like to remember our college student’s by praying for them, encouraging them and sending them a small care package. If you would like to participate, you can pick up a colored envelope from the back hall bulletin board regarding your college students name and information. Please send out the package the month of October.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.