Sunday 8/19 - Family Sing at the Nursing Home lobby at 1:30 All are welcome to attend.
Sunday 8/19 - High School Worship on Wednesday
High school students should meet at Bro. Dave and Sis. Stacy Leman's home at 2:20 to car pool to Bertschi's Lake Wildwood home. Students will be brought back to Roanoke around 9:00.
Tuesday 8/21 - Midwest Food Bank
It's Roanoke's turn to volunteer at the Midwest Food Bank this Tuesday evening from 6:30-8:30.
Wednesday 8/22 - Richard Burton's Testimony and Baptism
Friday 8/24 & Saturday 8/25 - Nursing Home Benefit Information
● Please check the bulletin boards and your August newsletter for schedules and information for the benefit. Check for times and locations to drop off donated items for the bake sale and the farmer's market.
● We want to remind you of the events on Friday evening that are new this year. Tickets for the chicken/fish fry are available in advance for a savings of $1.00.
● Young men of all ages are needed to help set up the stage as well as tables and chairs on Thursday evening. Please be at the benefit site at 5:30 if you can help.
Prairie Chorister Information
If you are interested in singing in the Prairie Choristers, a men's group, or having your children sing in the Youth Choir, please look on the printed and emailed announcements for information.
Prairie Chorister Information - If you are interested in any of the following groups, please send an email to Phil Hodel at email@example.com by Sunday, September 2.
● Prairie Choristers - The Prairie Choristers will begin practicing on Wednesday night, September 5. Practices will end no later than 9:30pm. If you would like to sing with them, please send an email to Phil at the address below.
● Youth Choir - The Youth Choir (for grades 3-12) will begin practicing on Sunday morning September 9. Practices begin at 9:24am and end in time for the students to get to their Sunday School song worship.
● Men's Group - There has been some interest in having a Men's Group sing at this year's Christmas Program. If you would like to sing in this group, please send Phil a note at the email address above. The number of responses will determine if there is enough interest to pursue this.
Saturday 9/8 - Women's Seminar by ACCFS at the Fellowship Hall from 8:45-3:30
This seminar is designed to encourage and strengthen women of all ages. Please feel free to invite friends and family members to join us. Many common women's issues will be reviewed and practical, uplifting, and Biblically-based helps for living an overcoming life will be shared.
Overview of Seminar Topics:
● CHRIST CENTERED SELFWORTH: Seeing yourself as God sees you
● RELATIONSHIPS: What the body of believers can do to support women
● USING A CHRIST CENTERED PERSPECTIVE: Overcoming problems with emotional eating, body image, disordered eating
Please RSVP by 8/15. There is no registration fee, but a free-will offering will be accepted at the seminar to help cover costs. For additional questions or concerns, please contact Sisters: Cathy Hohulin, Jan Sauder, Allison Fischer, Melinda Knepp or Brittany Leman.
Friday 11/5 - Hospital Lumiere Benefit Auction at Five Points
at 1:40 PM