Sunday 5/17 - Baptism - Juliane Wilson
Tuesday 5/19 - Midwest Food Bank from 6:30 - 8:30 - It's Roanoke's turn to volunteer at the Midwest Food Bank
Wednesday 5/20 - ACTIVE - The boys in ACTIVE boys are to meet at the Roanoke Nursing home at 7:05 (or so). They will be planting flowers and cleaning out the window wells at the duplexes. They can be picked up in the multipurpose room after church.
Sunday 5/24 - Baccalaureate Service
Wednesday 5/27 - Topical Bible Study - “SINsitivity: Love not the World” - Bro. Ryan Hoerr (Princeville) will address being sensitive to sin in a day and age when we are bombarded with influences and often having our righteous souls vexed.
Sunday 5/31 - Family Hymn Sing at the Nursing Home - Because of the baptism today (Sun. May 17) the Family Sing at the Nursing Home has been rescheduled for Sunday, May 31 at 1:30 in the nursing home lobby.
Vacation Bible School - Will be held the week of June 1st. The following signup sheets have been posted:
- New Students - Please list names for incoming 3 year olds as well as children who are not on the Sunday School roster.
- Teachers for all Grade Levels - Brothers are especially needed for 4th-8th grade. You only need to teach for a single night (more if you would like) and you can sign up by yourself, with another brother or as a husband/wife team.
- Food and Waiter Help - Signup sheets are on the women's bulletin board.
- Craft Helpers - Sign-up sheets for help with VBS crafts are also posted in the north hall.
- Class Supplies - 4th-6th grade boys should bring a heavy-duty scissors, labeled with their name, to the Bible Class assembly room for their craft.
Nursing Home Jr. Volunteer Summer Program - Any student completing 6th grade or older are welcome to participate. This is a great opportunity for students to learn the importance of serving others and the blessings it will bring to their own lives. Please contact Sis. Patsy Kaeb at the Home if your child is interested in participating.
The Health Care Provider Registry (HCPR) - is a database of the health care providers associated with the Apostolic Christian Church of America. This allows the Medical Committee to keep health care providers up to date on the medical activities and opportunities within World Relief. We ask that all health care providers submit their information to the HCPR by going online at www.acworldrelief.org and clicking on the Health Care Provider Registry link.
Also, we would like to announce that the next Apostolic Christian Medical Fellowship will be in Roanoke, Illinois on Saturday, April 23, 2016. This is an opportunity for health care providers to connect and encourage each other as believers and learn about a range of healthcare topics. Please save the date.