Sunday 5/24 - Collection for World Relief
Wednesday 5/27 - Topical Bible Study - “SINsitivity: Love not the World” - Bro. Ryan Hoerr (Princeville) will address being sensitive to sin in a day and age when we are bombarded with influences and often having our righteous souls vexed.
Sunday 5/31 - Family Hymn Sing at the Nursing Home at 1:30
Vacation Bible School - Will be held the week of June 1st. The following signup sheets have been posted:
- New Students - Please list names for incoming 3 year olds as well as children who are not on the Sunday School roster.
- Teachers for all Grade Levels - Brothers are especially needed for 4th-8th grade. You only need to teach for a single night (more if you would like) and you can sign up by yourself, with another brother or as a husband/wife team.
- Food and Waiter Help - Signup sheets are on the women's bulletin board.
- Craft Helpers - Sign-up sheets for help with VBS crafts are also posted in the north hall.
- Class Supplies - 4th-6th grade boys should bring a heavy-duty scissors, labeled with their name, to the Bible Class assembly room for their craft.
- VBS Teacher Meeting - There will be a brief teacher meeting for all VBS teachers next Sunday (5/31) at 11:45 in the intermediate Sunday School room
Haiti Collection - We are collecting gently used items for the children at the Renault sunday school program which the Yordys have been actively supporting. Renault is one of the poorest slums of Les Cayes, Haiti, and every Sunday, God’s word is shared with 1000-1200 children. These are the following items needed, if you would like to donate:
- Boys & Girls summer clothing, size 3 mo - 16 (big kids)
- Shoes- sandles, dress shoes, flip flops, gym shoes all sizes from toddler to adult
- Book bags or messenger bags all sizes
Please bring these items May 31 -June 14 and place them in the boxes at the east and west entrances. This is a great way to get the kids involved and boxes will be available during VBS week. If you have any questions ask Sis. Gina Luginbuhl. The items will be packed up and sent on the sea container to Haiti this summer.
The Silver Lining - is preparing a special section in the publication featuring stories of
brethren who have served as non‐combatants in the military. The goal is to share
accounts of God’s faithfulness through challenging times, and remind each other of
this important and biblical teaching which we continue to practice as a brotherhood.
To share your story – or a loved one’s story ‐ please send it to email@example.com
or give it to your Silver Lining correspondent by June 15. May God be glorified as we exhort and encourage one another.
The Health Care Provider Registry (HCPR) - is a database of the health care providers associated with the Apostolic Christian Church of America. This allows the Medical Committee to keep health care providers up to date on the medical activities and opportunities within World Relief. We ask that all health care providers submit their information to the HCPR by going online at www.acworldrelief.org and clicking on the Health Care Provider Registry link.
Also, we would like to announce that the next Apostolic Christian Medical Fellowship will be in Roanoke, Illinois on Saturday, April 23, 2016. This is an opportunity for health care providers to connect and encourage each other as believers and learn about a range of healthcare topics. Please save the date.
“As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.” Galatians6:10
- Sis. Leah Bertschi - will be moving to Haiti in September for a year where she will serve as a teacher for the missionary children at Hospital Lumiere.
- Sis. Marisa Leman - will be moving to Leo in mid July where she will be serving at Gateway Woods as the Foster Care Case Manager.
Let’s keep them in our prayers as God continues to work in their lives and guide them through this time of transition.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.