Wednesday 8/14 - Conference Summary
Saturday 8/17 - Back to School Pizza Party for freshmen through seniors from 6-9pm at Bro. Jonathan and Sis. Megan’s home. Students are encouraged to invite a friend.
· Fellowship Hall Maintenance Fund Collection
· Family Hymn Sing at the Home at 1:30
· ISU Young Group/Wesleyan/Heartland Community College Annual Welcome Night - A pizza dinner will begin at 4:00 at the Bloomington church, and parents are encouraged to attend! This evening is meant to be an informational meeting about our young group, but more importantly as a night to become acquainted with one another in anticipation for the upcoming school year. An RSVP is not necessary
Weekend of Aug 23rd - The Nursing Home Benefit
· There are sign-up sheets on the bulletin board for:
o Pies for Friday evening dinner and Saturday lunch stand.
o Helpers for the pies
o Pop donations
o Clean-up committee
· Farmer’s Market. Produce can be dropped Friday afternoon/evening
· Baked Goods - The congregation is also encouraged to bake items for the bake sale. Donations for the bake sale can be dropped off in the Country View Lobby from 12:00-3:00 on Friday, August 23.
Silver Lining - Silver Lining committee is asking readers to submit a short essay on: "practical ways to maintain contentment when it's so easy to compare & complain." The contributions are due by Sept. 16. Additional information is on the bulletin board.
Need for Volunteer Drivers - Our Home in Roanoke is in immediate need of volunteer drivers to transport residents to activates and Dr. appointments. There are 2 caravans that the Home owns to use for transportation. If this is something you think you could help the Home with, please contact Michelle Kennell at 309-923-2071, Ext. 114, or email her at email@example.com.