April’s Collection -Charity Fund - (see information below)
Nursing Home Update
- A Mutual Expression of Thanks- The staff at the Home has been working diligently caring for the elderly and have done an exceptional job adjusting to the numerous changes and demands. On behalf of our church, several groups showed appreciation to the employees in a variety of ways. They were deeply touched and here is a note from them: On behalf of the staff here at the Home, we would like to thank each one of you for your service, kindness and thoughtfulness in the past several weeks. We have been touched by the hand written notes, making hundreds of masks, lasagna meals for our families and now Good Friday lunches for employees from our church family. All these kind things have been well received. It is amazing to not only feel the prayers, but the very generous way that our church family is providing for our Home and our staff. Thanks again for all you do, and please continue to pray protection over our residents whom we are trying to keep healthy and content. Praising our risen Lord together while apart!
- Nursing Home Prayer Walk - Coming this week, will be a prayer walk that will include 5 signs on the north side and south side of the home. Each sign has a prayer point. If you are a walker or visiting your loved one from lobby window or their room window, it is hoped that these signs will be a reminder to keep praying for our Home.
Helping Hands - If you are willing to help or if you need help or know of someone who needs help with getting groceries or medicine or any other physical needs, please contact:Joan Swartz 309-210-5794, Rita Schwind 309-645-2399, or Stacy Leman 309-241-0581
Praise and Thanks - The Leman family has arrived safely in the U.S. from PNG and they are now in quarantine in Indiana.
Other Ways to Serve
- Saturday 4/25 - The LifePoints Gospel Sing- Although you will not be able to travel to FivePoints to listen to it, we have an exciting alternative planned! At 5 p.m. on Saturday, April 25th, we will be releasing a virtual Gospel Sing on our website (www.midwestgospelsing.org). The video will feature a special performance by The Anderson Family, the testimony of a Timber Ridge resident and her sister, and an important message from one of our Board members. Donations can still be made online to support the costs of one unfunded resident at LifePoints. These are not the most ideal circumstances, but we are still excited to come together virtually during this time of social distancing! Thank you for continuing to remember LifePoints in your prayers.
- Job Opening at Heart House - they are seeking a social and community services professional to fill the full-time Program Manager position. Bachelor's degree in social work or related profession and/or 3-5 years experience is preferred. This is a flexible salaried position with benefits. Cover letter, resume and references can be mailed to Heart House, Attn: Brandi Gerber, 300 Reagan Drive, Eureka IL 61530 or email Brandi Gerber at brandi@heartlineandhearthouse.
org. Are you interested or know of someone who is? Send them our way! Program Manager Job Description
- Peoria Rescue Ministries - Urgent Need for Volunteers and Supplies - For PRM to adequately care for and be able to isolate individuals with Covid-19 or Covid-like symptoms, we are opening Isolation Centers for our Men’s and Women’s shelter ministry. But we need help to fully staff the Isolation Centers (see video link below). There is also a need for supplies (see website link)
- Website Link - https://www.peoriarescue.org/
Charity Fund - The charity fund is used to support those in need of financial assistance both within our church and our community. At times we may take up a special collection if there is a major event or crisis in our local community. We also support local organizations like the food pantry and Heart House on a regular basis. With the changes we've made this year in opening the Operational Fund, the charity fund will be used solely for charitable purposes. All of the other other costs for functions such as national brotherhood support and ministry and outreach activities will now come from the Operational Fund.You can make donations to the Charity Fund by sending your checks to Sis. Jenell Hodel or online (http://roanokeacchurch.org/