July’s Collection - Nursing Home
Thursday 8/6 - Virtual General Conference at 6:00 PM - To watch the conference, pre registration is required. As in the past, the conference will also be made available via AC Central at a later date for those who can not attend.
Sunday 8/16 - ISU/Heartland Welcome Night - a pizza dinner will begin at 4:00 at the Bloomington church. Due to the ever changing circumstances, we are asking that only parents and students attend and ask that you RSVP the number coming from your family to email@example.com no later than August 1st. We will inform you with any changes that may come up.
Nursing Home Homecoming Benefit
- Friday, August 21, 4:30-7:30 Drive-through Fish Fry. How you can help: drive through and get a meal. Donate to cover food expenses.
- Friday, August 21, 8:00 a.m.- Saturday, August 22, 4:00 p.m. Online Auction at https://www.32auctions.com/
homecomingday2020. How you can help: donate services/items to auction (taking auction items until August 14), bid on items, tell your friends about our online auction. Items that are won will be available for pick-up the following week.
- Saturday, August 22, 6:00-8:00 - An Evening of Music - featuring the group Roundstone Buskers (an Irish music trio) in the Roanoke park as a way of thanking our community for their support. Kamaela’s Kreamery will be selling ice cream and the Home will be hosting a bake sale. How you can help: bake treats for the bake sale (and have them at the pavilion—not the park building—by 4:30), attend and enjoy the music.
3 year old Sunday school sign up- please notify Sis. Allison Fischer
Sunday School Election Results: Primary Teachers: Sisters Natalie Hofmann and Hope Sauder, Intermediate Teachers: Brothers Jeremy Knepp, Josh Maher and Jason Rassi, Bible Class Teachers: Brothers Jon Fehr and Matt Kaufman. The following brothers will serve 1 year in the intermediate class to bring the rotation schedule back into line: Matt Sauder and Sam Wettstein.
- The R-B School Board has a special meeting on Monday to discuss plans for starting up the school year. They have a very difficult task ahead of them trying to work through state mandates and trying to meet the widely varied opinions of students, parents and teachers. May we as a church not only keep them in our prayers, but extend to them encouragement and grace.
- Flooding - Those who have been impacted by the flooding. May God guide them through the difficult decisions as they recover. - A special update on how you can help will be provided after the 10:30 service.