Our Vision: A body of believers bound together by our love for Jesus Christ and his Word,
reflecting God’s love, grace and truth
August’s Collection - Servant Fund - The Servant Fund of the Apostolic Christian Church of America provides support for brothers and sisters sent as full-time missionaries by HarvestCall. Using a national fund for missionary support allows those sent to devote their time and attention to their ministry, rather than being required to raise their own funds. Another benefit is that those sent receive a consistent level of support that does not depend on title, size of congregation, or fund-raising abilities. With approximately 50 missionary brothers and sisters currently serving, our financial commitment to our brothers and sisters is around $1,300,000 per year. Servant fund collections have not been sufficient to cover this cost in the past and HarvestCall has used unrestricted funds to make up the difference. Those serving as well as HarvestCall express gratitude for your support of the Servant Fund and the outreaches of the Apostolic Christian Church.
Wednesday 8/5 - Sis. Lois Klotzle’s Funeral at 4:00 CDT - Altadena does not have AC Central. You can access her funeral service via Zoom at: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/
86059485489?pwd= Yk1vdXQ0V04vY0pOS2hEQzVlZXJUUT 09
- Helping Hands from 9:00-12:00 - all are welcome.
- Virtual General Conference at 6:00 PM - To watch the conference, pre registration is required at: https://my.demio.com/ref/
YL3JRrX7JTkg9tru As in the past, the conference will also be made available via AC Central at a later date.
Sunday 8/16 - ISU/Heartland Welcome Night - a pizza dinner will begin at 4:00 at the Bloomington church. Due to the ever changing circumstances, we are asking that only parents and students attend and ask that you RSVP the number coming from your family to email@example.com no later than August 1st. We will inform you with any changes that may come up.
Nursing Home Homecoming Benefit
- Friday, August 21, 4:30-7:30 Drive-through Fish Fry. How you can help: Please sign up online https://www.signupgenius.com/
go/9040c4daaae22a4fb6-pies to make and cut pies (they are to be brought to the Fellowship Hall for cutting Friday afternoon), drive through and get a meal. Donate to cover food expenses.
- Friday, August 21, 8:00 a.m.- Saturday, August 22, 4:00 p.m. Online Auction at https://www.32auctions.com/
homecomingday2020. How you can help: donate services/items to auction (taking auction items until August 14), bid on items, tell your friends about our online auction. Items that are won will be available for pick-up the following week.
- Saturday, August 22, 6:00-8:00 - An Evening of Music - featuring the group Roundstone Buskers (an Irish music trio) in the Roanoke park as a way of thanking our community for their support. Kamaela’s Kreamery will be selling ice cream and the Home will be hosting a bake sale. How you can help: bake treats for the bake sale (and have them at the pavilion—not the park building—by 4:30), attend and enjoy the music.
3 year old Sunday school sign up- please notify Sis. Allison Fischer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 309-242-7083 to sign up your child for the 3 year old class.
Prayer - Please keep the Elder Conference in your prayers. It will be held virtually on Wednesday and Thursday.
Praise and Thanks - A special thanks to all those who helped Roanoke flood victims by cleaning up and donating.
Other Ways to Serve - The Midwest Food Bank Virtual Auction will be held Thursday August 6 at 8 AM through Saturday, August 8 at 8 PM featuring over 200 unique items, all to benefit Midwest Food Bank of Normal, IL. Preview the items now at www.2020MFBGala.givesmart.com, and register for the online auction. When you register, you can mark items of interest, and you will receive reminder texts when the auction is about to start, when you are outbid, and when the auction is about to end. Midwest Food Bank appreciates everyone's support!