● Saturday 1/14 - ICC/BU Young Group Benefit at 6:00 at Morton Fellowship Hall
○ ICC/BU Young Group plans to go to Bastrop, Texas over our spring break to help with the World Relief project there. To raise funds for this trip and other expenses, they plan to have a benefit dinner on Saturday, January 14th. It is to begin at 6:00 at the Morton Fellowship Hall.
● Saturday 1/14- A Historical Perspective on the Doctrines of Arminianism and Calvinism at 7:00 at Country Side
○ Bro. Fred Witzig from our Washington Church will be with us on Saturday evening, January 14th at 7:00. He will be giving a 2 hour presentation on the historical perspective on the doctrines of Arminianism and Calvinism. While many of you may not be familiar with these terms, they are associated with the doctrines of free will, predestination and eternal security. This presentation will be held at the Country Side School.
● Fellowship Hall Reservations
○ For your convenience, a calendar showing the dates the Fellowship Hall is reserved has been added to the church website. It currently shows all reservations for the 2012 calendar year with just the word “RESERVED”. We hope that this will be useful to you if you are planning an event and want to know whether or not the Fellowship Hall is available. To request a reservation or for more information you can either send an email to FellowshipHall@roanokeacchurch.org or call Bro. Mike and Sis. Nancy Hoffman.
● Food Donations for Baptisms
○ There is a sign up sheet on the bulletin board for food donations for the baptisms on Sun. Jan. 22nd.
● Bro Rich Knepp Update
○ Bro. Curt Knepp plans to go to Chicago tomorrow to donate the stem cells for Bro. Rich Knepp’s transplant. Please pray for him and that the donation will be successful. Lord willing, Bro. Rich plans to be admitted mid week for five days of intense chemo to prepare for the transplant which is planned for the following week. We certainly lift Bro. Rich and Sis. Janet up in prayer and pray for a miracle of healing if it is the Lord’s will. Bro. Rich & Sis. Janet will be in Chicago for a couple of months and while we will be separated by miles we will be united in Spirit as they make this journey over the next couple months. Cards and notes of encouragement can be sent to him at University of Chicago Bernard Mitchell Hospital, 6 NW – Richard Knepp, 5841 S. Maryland Ave. MC 6041, Chicago, IL 60637-1470
● Prairie Choristers/Youth Choir
○ The Prairie Choristers and the Youth Choir will begin practicing soon. Lord willing, they plan to sing at the Easter Morning Service and the National Day of Prayer Service (Thursday, May 3). If you have been thinking about singing with either group, now would be a good time to begin. Please send an email to Phil Hodel at firstname.lastname@example.org
■YOUTH CHOIR - is open to members and friends from 3rd grade to Senior in High School. Practices are held on Sunday mornings at 9:30.
■PRAIRIE CHORISTERS - is open to all members and converts. Practices are held Wednesday evenings after church and end at 9:45.
● Saturday 1/21 - Testimonies at 7:00 PM
○ Lord willing, we are planning to hear the testimonies of Heidi Bradle, Brooke Marcille, and Lauren Schroeder
● Sunday 1/21 - Baptisms
● Church website information: roanokeacchurch.orgWorld Relief winter work projects in Cullman, Alabama (south of Athens) and Bastrop, Texas: http://www.acworldrelief.org/winter-work-projects-2012/