Tuesday 10/2 - Helping Hands is from 9:00-3:00.
● Scripture Memory Begins
● Worship on Wednesday - The next Worship on Wednesday will be at Bro. Chad and Sis. Brenda Martin's house this Wednesday, October 3 at 7:00.
● Continuation of the Conference Message - This Wednesday evening we will continue listening to the Brotherhood Conference Messages. The next topic would be Christ's Message to Philadelphia by Bro. Ron Messner. We've invited him to Roanoke to give this talk in person. This will been done for our Sunday afternoon service on October 28. So, this Wednesday we will begin with Christ's Message to Laodicea (Bro. Brad Eisenmann) and Our Responsibility to the Lord's Warnings to the Church (Bro. Mike Leman).
Friday 10/5 - Home for the Handicapped Presentation at the Fellowship Hall at 7:00 PM
The Apostolic Christian Home for the Handicapped will be giving a presentation October 5 at 7 pm in the Roanoke Fellowship Hall. The purpose of the presentation is to update you on the services of the Home, the ways the Lord has blessed it and their current needs. Everyone is invited. The Home is a mission of the Apostolic Christian Church and they encourage you to come and learn about what you are supporting.
● What We do: An explanation of services
● How We Do it: A review of our Stewardship
● Why we do what we do: Recorded Testimonies from Residents and Families
● What our needs are: Spiritual, Financial and Staffing
● Collection for the Sunday School Fund
● Family Hymn Sing at 6:30 - Goodfield Choir has been invited for our Family Hymn Sing. There is a signup sheet in the north hall for refreshments and kitchen help.
Saturday 10/13 - Deadline for Hospital Lumiere Benefit Auction Items
At Hospital Lumiere in Haiti, the past year has been busy with renovations, reorganization, additional doctors and staff. By God's grace, the Hospital Lumiere mission continues – "to provide excellent and effective medical care with compassion and Christian love." To raise awareness and to provide financial support for this World Relief project, the 2nd annual benefit auction is planned on Friday November 2nd at 5:30 pm in Washington, Illinois. Auction items are needed. If you can help by donating an item, contact Rich Bertschi. Items need to be received by October 13.
Friday 10/19 - Loving Shepherd Ministries Meal and Auction at Five Points at 5:30
Loving Shepherd Ministries will be hosting a meal and charity auction for the orphans of Haiti and Ethiopia on Friday, October 19, 2012, at the Five Points Washington. The meal and Silent Auction start at 5:30PM with the Live Auction starting at 6:30PM. Items are still needed. If you would like to donate an item, please contact Bro. Kevin or Sis. Annette Fischer The auction is a wonderful evening of fellowship and enjoyment while raising much needed funds to help the world's vulnerable children. All are invited to attend. There will be free childcare provided, so couples with young children are encouraged to attend. Visit www.loving-shepherd.org to learn more about what the evening will be supporting.
Friday/Saturday 10/19-20 - "Hope for Haiti" Open House
The " Hope for Haiti" Open House featuring handmade items from Centre Lumiere, Haiti will be Oct. 19th from 12 -8 pm and Oct. 20 from 9 - 12 at the Fellowship Hall. Please join us in supporting these Haitian women and keep them in your prayers.
● Sunday 10/14 - Collection for the Nursing Home
● Friday 11/2 - Hospital Lumiere Benefit Auction at Five Points
World Relief Winter Work Project 2013 at Cullman, AL (near Athens)
The WR Winter Work Project will be a continuation of last years project in Cullman, AL (near Athens) to build and repair homes damaged by tornadoes. It will will begin on January 7. For more information and registerstration, please go to the WR website: www.acworldrelief.org