● Family Sing at the Nursing Home - Family Sing will be held in the lobby of the Nursing Home this afternoon at 1:30. All are welcome to attend.
● Financial Reports - Copies of the 2012 Roanoke Apostolic Christian Church financial reports are still available in the North hall today
● ACYF in Eureka at 6:00 - The Bible Class will be going to Eureka for ACYF tonight. Students should be at the High School at 5:00.
● January Topical Bible Study - “Perseverance” by Bro. Byron Stoller, Gridley
● ACTIVE - the ACTIVE boys will be meeting Wednesday January 30th at 6:30pm in the Nursing Home Multipurpose room. Pizza/drinks will be provided. We will bring the boys back to church by 8:30pm.
● Clothing Drive Deadline - The Bible Class is holding a clothing drive for anyone who would like to donate clothes.
○ They are accepting kids and men’s clothes, especially undergarments and blue jeans.
○ They are not accepting any shoes, women’s clothes or summer clothes.
There will be boxes placed near the doors at church to collect the clothes. We will make a final collection from the boxes this Wednesday.
Saturday, 2/2 - Bible Class Serves at Loaves and Fish
The Bible Class will serve at Loaves and Fish on Saturday morning, Feb. 2. Students should meet at the High School at 8:45. We will stop for lunch on the way back to Roanoke. We should return early afternoon.
Sunday 2/3 - Mission Fund Collection
Sunday 2/10 - All-Church Potluck and Family Sing
The annual All-Church Potluck and Family Sing will be Sunday, February 10 at 4:30 at the Fellowship Hall. Meat and table service will be provided. A donation to cover the cost of the meat will be accepted. Please bring a covered dish. Sign-up sheets are posted in the north hall and by the ladies restroom for those planning to attend. To order the proper amount of meat, please sign up by Wednesday, Feb 6.
Volunteers Needed for Roanoke Ambulance
There's a great need in our Roanoke community for drivers and volunteers in the ambulance dept. An EMT basic class will be held next month, free of charge, for anyone willing to help protect the community in this way. Please call Bro. Joe Brady with any questions. (ph.309-453-5741)
Winter/Spring Small Group Bible Study
Our next small group Bible study will be on Faith. It will begin in mid February and will be 9 lessons long. You may sign up in the north hall by the bulletin board or by e-mailing brothers Rob Luginbuhl or John Getz.
The Trustees are planning to remodel the men’s north hall restroom, starting on February 4th. The Trustees are asking for your cooperation. During the project, the men who are able to use the stairs please use the mens restroom in the basement.
Surplus Items Available
The church has some surplus items that the trustees are making available, including assembly room benches, Sunday School benches, dining room benches, and mirrors and sinks from the men's restroom. Details and sizes are listed on the bulletin board. Please sign up if you are interested. Donations can be made to the Maintenance Fund.
CVE Operation Manager Position
Our ministry at CVE in Magdalena, Mexico mentors young lives with the truth, love, and hope of Jesus Christ. This includes meeting their physical, emotional, and spiritual needs through education, training, and the security and stability of a home life. The CVE ministry has been greatly blessed by God and has grown to the point that an Operations Manager is needed. This position would report to the current Administrator and would be responsible for the day-to-day operations of CVE and coordination of activity on the campus.
CVE also has needs for both single brothers and sisters as well as married couples as they seek to meet the many needs of around 50 children in the orphanage and the numerous children that attend their school. If you sense God prompting you to know more about this Operations Manager responsibility or serving in another capacity at CVE, please contact Bro. Bill Schick at (520) 395-6000 or email him at email@example.com.