- Collection for Apostolic Christian Timber Ridge - They are humbled by the incredible support they receive in prayer and in finances. Funding from the state remain uncertain and as a result their need for support grows each year.
- Men’s Singing Group - There will be a men's group for the early morning Easter program. They will begin practicing today in the bible class room at 11:25. Any men who would like to sing in this group should show up at the practice during lunch today or contact Bro. Phil Hodel at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Family Hymn Sing at 6:30 - Hearts of Praise, a ladies trio from Morton, will be with us for the evening. There are sign-up sheets on the bulletin board to help with refreshments.
- Seeking a New Minister - This afternoon Bro. Jeff Grimm will not be able to be with us due to a funeral. Our plan is to have a shortened afternoon message followed by an exhortation on minister qualifications as outlined in God's Word. A letter containing Scriptural references and a ballot will be sent to each home the first week in March. During this interim time, let us stay on our knees in prayer and keep discussions to a minimum to give the Holy Spirit free course.
Tuesday 3/3 - Helping Hands from 9-3:00 - If inclement weather, we will follow school open/close schedule.
- Scripture Memory Class - Program practice
- H.O.P.E. - Will meet at the Fellowship Hall at 7:30 to help set up for the Spaghetti Supper
- W.O.W. - Will meet at the Leman home at 7:00
Saturday 3/7 - The Bible Class’s Annual Spaghetti Supper 4pm-6pm - The Bible Class Spaghetti Supper is this Saturday, March 7 from 4-6:30 at the Fellowship Hall. There is still a need for food donations. Sign up sheets are posted on the bulletin board. Bible class parents and students will be receiving a reminder in the mail of their duties and time to arrive for their shift. This is the only fundraiser for the Sunday school, and we appreciate the support of our church family.
- Collection for the Roanoke Nursing Home
- South Side Mission Services Sunday Evening - Anyone willing to go should contact Bro. Tim or Sis. Cathy Hohulin for further details
Monday 3/9 - Church/Fellowship Hall Cleaning - Due to circumstances, church cleaning and the fellowship hall cleaning will be held the same evening this year - Monday, March 9 beginning at 6:30 pm. There is also opportunity to help during the day on Monday, if this works better for your schedule - work will begin at 9:00 am and lunch will be served. Because we are planning both on the same night, we encourage and appreciate as much participation as possible. If you find you are done at one building, please feel free to check the other site for available work. Lunch will be served at the church at the completion of the evening. A signup sheet for lunch items is posted on the bulletin board by the dining room.
Wednesday 3/11 - Precommunion Service
Saturday 3/14 - National World Relief Meeting at Roanoke - This is an informational meeting for all of our Apostolic churches from Illinois to the west coast. There will be 6 speakers talking on a variety of world relief topics. Everyone - young and old - is encouraged to attend. There is a sign-up sheet on the bulletin board if you are able to help that day or host overnight guests. If you have any questions check with Bro. Jim or Sis. Marge Braker. Thanks for being willing to help out.
Saturday 4/18 - Midwest Food Bank Annual Gala Dinner and Auction - The purpose is to raise funds for the programs at the food bank. They currently have a need for auction items, services, and monetary donations. Any donations of auction items, services or money are need by March 6th and are greatly appreciated. Tickets to the dinner and auction are $50 (this would be a great evening for potluck groups). If you are willing to donate and/or wish to purchase tickets please contact: Bro. Rol and Sis. Carol Rumbold, Sis. Lynn Wuthrich, or Bro. Jon and Sis. Jill Fehr.
Redeeming the Time Together - Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, to visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world. James 1:17
Redeeming the Time Together is a new ministry opportunity for our church that is being developed with the intent to build relationships and friendships across generations and to share in the commonality of hearts that love and desire to serve the Lord. The hope is to be an encouragement and support to one another and to glorify God while doing so.
The ministry will provide a frame work for opportunities to share the gifts the Lord has given to each of us to be a blessing to one another through the concept of "adoption". Lord willing, through this adoption, God-honoring friendships and relationships will be developed and strengthened. Specifically, opportunities for adoption will include: Visiting, Sending Cards, Prayer and Phone Calls.
Handouts have been placed in the back hall and an email with more details will be sent. Next Sunday a sign-up sheet will be posted, and will remain posted for a few Sundays, for you to indicate your desire to participate at some level of involvement. This will allow you some time to learn more about the ministry and to prayerfully consider if God would have you use your talents in this way.
Our target start date is April 2015
To our church family, we thank you for your prayerful support that God will be glorified in this endeavor
Wednesday 3/18 - Scripture Memory Class Program
Sunday 3/22 - Sunday School Easter Program
Sunday 3/29 - Communion Service
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.