Sunday 2/3 - HarvestCall Mission Fund Collection
- Scripture Memory Class
- ACTIVE will Meet in the Bible Class Room
- HOPE will Meet in the Church Kitchen
Thursday 2/7 - Helping Hands from 9:00-3:00 - All are welcome. There is something for everyone. Come enjoy our remodeled room & warm fellowship while helping others.
Saturday 2/9 – The Bible Class Ski Trip (weather permitting) - Seats are still available for anyone who would like to join the Bible Class. We plan on leaving at 6:00 am and will return around 9:30 pm. Please contact Bro. Eric or Sis. Jodi Hoffman with any questions or to reserve a seat.
- The Extra Step - Part 4 of the Sermon on the Mount Series - Matt 5:38-48 (Bro. Ryan Hoerr/Princeville, firstname.lastname@example.org) - Memory Verse: “But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;” Matthew 5:44
- WOW will Meet at Beers at 7:00
- The Annual All-Church Potluck and Family Hymn Sing at 4:30 - at the Fellowship Hall. Meat and table service will be provided. A donation to cover the cost of the meat will be accepted. Please bring a covered dish. Sign up sheets are posted in the north hall and by the ladies restroom for those attending. To order the correct amount of meat, please sign up by Wed., Feb 6
- ACYF Program in Bradford at 6:00 PM - The Bible Class will meet to leave from the High School parking lot at 4:15PM.
Sunday 2/17 - Faith Community Nursing - We would like to invite nurses and all other medical providers to an informational meeting after church in the dining room. Topics such as the AED machine, emergency response and Faith Community Nursing within our congregation will be reviewed.
Saturday 2/23 - Bible Class Loaves and Fishes - The Bible Class will have the opportunity to help prepare and serve a meal to a number of Peoria’s homeless and less fortunate individuals and families at the First United Methodist Church’s Loaves and Fishes program in downtown Peoria. The group will meet to leave at the High School parking lot at 8:30AM and students will be home between 2:00 and 2:30 PM.
Saturday 4/6 - 2019 Midwest Food Bank Gala Dinner and Auction at the Normal Facility
- The Roanoke committee is currently seeking homemade items, themed dinners or events, and business products or services as auction items. Cash donations can be used by the committee to purchase items for the gala or as Benefit sponsorships.
- Tickets to the event are also available for $50 per person. Tables of up to 8 seats may be reserved for groups. Deadline for donations and tickets is March 1st.
- Please contact Bro. Jon or Sis. Jill Fehr for ticket reservations or donations.
- Jon Fehr 309-275-4573(c) email@example.com
- Jill Fehr 309-261-4711(c) firstname.lastname@example.org
Updating of the Funeral Committee Group Lists -. The 2018 list is on the North Hall bulletin board. You can add your name or cross it off if you want to be removed. You can also email changes to Sis. Bev Bertschi (email@example.com).
Communicating with our Missionaries - there is a signup sheet on the bulletin board to help us stay connected with those on the mission field.
Church Website - We have launched a new website design for the Roanoke church. It matches the national design and should be a lot more friendly to use on your mobile device. The address is the same: www.roanokeacchurch.org Please take a look at it and let us know if you have any suggestions for additional pages, forms, information, etc. to make it more useful and relevant for everyone. If you encounter issue with the new design loading, you may consider deleting cookies and browsing history from your browser.
2018 Financial Reports - were sent out through One Call Now this past week. They can also be viewed on the church bulletin board.
2019 Schedule Cards - are available at the north hall bulletin board.
Welcome Alex Martin - Alex is a convert from Washington church. He is the son of Bro. Todd and Sis Joy Martin. He works at Lawnscapes and has become really close friends with everyone there and it is his desire to make Roanoke his church.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.