- Collection for the Silver Lining -. Roanoke church pays $18 for each subscription on the Roanoke list. You can contribute on-line or make a check out to the Apostolic Christian Church with the “Silver Lining” in the memo line. Thank you for your contribution.
Wednesday 4/10 - Focus and Faith - Sermon on the Mount Series - Matt 6:9-34 (Bro. Nate Hodel) - Memory Verse: “For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.” Matthew 6:21
Thursday 4/11 - Helping Hands from 9:00-3:00 - All are welcome
Friday 4/12 - Nursing Home Drive Through Fish Fry from 4:30-7:00
4/14 Palm Sunday
- Palm Sunday Service - Song service begins at 9:45 AM followed by a program with songs from the Youth Choir and the Prairie Choristers and a message covering Jesus' triumphant entry into Jerusalem through the last supper. There will be no Sunday School in the morning
- Sunday School Easter program at 12:15
- Brief Meeting for Parents of Juniors and Seniors to Discuss the Trip to the Ark Encounter and Creation Museum - The meeting will be in the dining room immediately following the Sunday School Program. All parents of junior and senior Bible Class students, members and converts should attend.
- Communion at 6:00 PM
4/19 Good Friday Service - Song service begins at 7:15 PM followed by a program with songs from Prairie Choristers and a message on Jesus’s trial and death.
4/21 Easter Sunday
- Sunrise Service - Song service begins at 7:15 AM followed by a program with songs from the Youth Choir and the Prairie Choristers and a message on Jesus’ resurrection
- Breakfast at 8:30
- 2nd Service - Song service begins at 9:45 (Sunday School will be held in the basement as usual)
Thursday 4/25 - Heartline/Heart House Annual Spaghetti Supper 3:30-7:30 - Donated baked items should be at Heart House by noon on the 25th.
Saturday 4/27 - LifePoints Gospel Sing at Five Points from 5:15pm to 8:00pm - This is an evening where you can sit back and enjoy various musical talent in addition to a personal testimony from the mother of one of our residents. Please get your tickets online at https://bit.ly/2V6VFft or through our website (www.aclifepoints.org); walk-ins are welcome!
Friday 5/3 - Ladies’ Night - Save the date for an evening of tips and encouragement as we think about “Spring Cleaning of the Home and Heart” from 6:45 -8:45 at the Fellowship Hall. “Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me,” (Psalm 51:10)
Nursing Home - Victory Home Care - Is now up and running. We are actively looking for compassionate caregivers to assist us in caring for seniors that choose to remain in their own homes. This is a paid position. This service is a joint venture between the Roanoke and Eureka Homes and will serve the Woodford, Tazewell and Marshall counties. Caregivers do not have to be a C.N.A. or have prior experience, as training will be provided. We are looking for caring individuals that have a desire to serve the senior population. If you feel this is a way you could be used to help advance the senior care options that the Home offers, please contact the Home for more information.
Welcome - We are thankful for all of the friends from our community who worship with us. We warmly welcome several who have decided to regularly attend our Roanoke Church.
- Ben and Brittany Hodel and their daughters: Lyla (5), Sylvie (3), and Mabel (1)
- Martha King
- Jess Roodhouse