Sunday 2/25 - Apostolic Christian Life Points Collection - Life Points has been blessed by the support and love of the brotherhood since 1971 when the agency started services which allows them to serve those in need. The financial support of this church is greatly appreciated.
· Pre-communion Service - Communion will be Sunday 3/18
· H.O.P.E. Will Meet at the Fellowship Hall at 7:30 to Set Up for the Spaghetti Supper
Saturday 3/3 - Annual Bible Class Spaghetti Supper from 4:00 -6:30 - There are still some needs for both food donations and event help. A sign up sheet is on the North Hall bulletin board and will be removed after church today. They appreciate everyone's support.
Sunday 3/4 - Nursing Home Collection - The Roanoke Nursing Home is in need of a new phone system as they are experiencing ongoing problems with their outdated equipment . The have started a fundraising campaign in the community to raise $50,000 to purchase and install this new phone system. Donations from the upcoming collection for the Nursing Home will be used specifically for this project. If you have any questions, you can contact Bro. Nate Hoffman for details.
· Leadership Transition - Bros Ron Messner and Kent Heimer will be with us to share with the congregation regarding the next steps in seeking new leadership for the Roanoke Church and to share scripture related to qualifications for church leadership. This open meeting will be in place of our afternoon service and we encourage all members and friends to be present.
· Reception for Ben and Nelly Mangold from 1:30 - 3:00 at the Fellowship Hall - Everyone is invited. It is however unclear when they will each report to Germany. If they cannot be here for the 11th, there will be a box available at church that day to collect cards to be sent to them in a Wedding Box. Due to the logistics of their move it is requested that cash or Amazon gift cards be given(they can be done online also). Ben & Nelly each have been living in barracks for the past year and once they get to Germany all household items will need to be purchased. Both Amazon and IKEA are nearby therefore no international shipping charges will be applied.
· Scripture Memory Program at 6:30. This program is in place of the March Family Hymn Sing. Pizza will be served in the dining room at 5:30. There are sign up sheets outside the women’s restroom. Please sign up by Wednesday, March 7th so we can plan accordingly for pizza. Donations will be accepted that night to cover the cost of pizza.
Saturday 4/14 - The 2018 Midwest Food Bank Gala Dinner and Auction in Normal - The deadline for the Midwest Food Bank Gala Auction donations and tickets is March 1st. More information is posted on the bulletin board. This annual event is the primary fundraiser for the organization. The Roanoke committee appreciates your support. Please contact Bro. Jon or Sis. Jill Fehr for ticket reservations or donations. (Jon: 309-275-4573(c) email@example.com, Jill: 309-261-4711(c) firstname.lastname@example.org)
Sunday 4/22 - Invite-a-Guest - Please mark your calendars and invite others to worship with us. There will be a potluck supper at 4:00 at the Fellowship Hall, followed by a singing. Sign-up sheets with more information will be posted on the bulletin boards in March.
Save the Date - Ladies’ Night, for all women attending Roanoke Church, will be Friday, April 13 from 6:45 - 9:00 at the Fellowship Hall. More details will follow. .