Monday 11/26 - Health Kit Bags - the Nursing Home and duplex residents will be decorating health kit bags Monday night (tomorrow) at 6:30 pm in the Multi-Purpose room at the Nursing Home. These bags will go to the Sunday School in Haiti - a mission we have been supporting over the past several years. Any others who would like to help out would be most welcome. It provides an opportunity to visit with the Home and Duplex residents.
- ACTIVE Boys are to meet at 6:30 at Commerce Bank - they will be shopping for gifts to donate to the Heart House.
- HOPE Girls will Meet in the HarvestCall Room in the Basement at 7:30
- Scripture Memory Class will Meet in the Basement
- Maintenance Fund Collection - The maintenance fund covers the day-to-day operational costs of our church, including:
- -wages for cleaning, maintenance and lawn care
- -utilities (electric/gas, phone, internet etc)
- -general maintenance & repairs to the church building & grounds
Our church is getting older, and the annual church operating expenses now total approx. $125,000. To ensure we have sufficient funds to keep the church open and in good condition, we are again suggesting a donation of $350 per member. We know that some will give more and we appreciate that. In addition, we ask that everyone (young and old, members and friends that attend) to try to give something to support this fund and the Roanoke Church.
- “So God created man in His own image, in the image of God created He him, male and female created He them”. Gen 1:27 - On Sunday afternoon (12/2) we will have a focused message on “God’s Design in Gender Distinction (Embracing/Utilizing our Gender Differences)”
- All Church Christmas Caroling at 4:00 at the Fellowship Hall - There are signup sheets for food and help on the bulletin board outside the kitchen. There is also a sign-up sheet for attendance. There are two spots to fill in, so please be sure to write the number of people singing and eating.
Wednesday 12/5 - Annual Business Meeting at Church at 7:15
Thursday 12/6 - Helping Hands will meet 9:00 - 3:00 - They will be decorating Sunday School bags, organizing projects and knotting comforters. Lunch will be provided by the committee. All are invited. It is there goal to complete 1500 bags before our annual HarvestCall family night on Jan 9th.
Sunday 12/9 - Sunday School Christmas Program at 12:00 - The Sunday School and Bible Class students will present a program celebrating the birth of our Savior Jesus.
Wednesday 12/12 - Bible Class - Random Acts of Kindness at 6:15 - Students should meet at the Fellowship Hall pizza and random acts of kindness. The activities will be completed by 8:30.
Nursing Home - There is a sign-up sheet on the bulletin board for individual birthday cakes and cookies for the nursing home for 2019. This is a great way for you to support the Home from your own home.
Assistant Funeral Coordinator - We need a volunteer to fill the job of assistant funeral coordinator. The job is two year commitment. The second year you would move to the head funeral coordinator position. Please contact one of the trustees if you feel moved to accept this position.
HarvestCall’s Winter Rebuilding Ministry will be in Hardin County, Texas - Forty volunteers are needed each week starting January 6, 2019 and continuing through March 29, 2019. Online registration is required for team members at www.harvestcall.org