- Maintenance Fund Collection - The maintenance fund covers the day-to-day operational costs of our church, including:
- -wages for cleaning, maintenance and lawn care
- -utilities (electric/gas, phone, internet etc)
- -general maintenance & repairs to the church building & grounds
Our church is getting older, and the annual church operating expenses now total approx. $125,000. To ensure we have sufficient funds to keep the church open and in good condition, we are again suggesting a donation of $350 per member. We know that some will give more and we appreciate that. In addition, we ask that everyone (young and old, members and friends that attend) to try to give something to support this fund and the Roanoke Church.
- “So God created man in His own image, in the image of God created He him, male and female created He them”. Gen 1:27 - On Sunday afternoon (12/2) we will have a focused message on “God’s Design in Gender Distinction (Embracing/Utilizing our Gender Differences)”
- All Church Christmas Caroling at 4:00 at the Fellowship Hall
Wednesday 12/5 - Annual Business Meeting at 7:15 at Church
Thursday 12/6 - Helping Hands will meet 9:00 - 3:00 - Lunch will be provided by the committee. Emphasis for the day will be on decorating bags for the Haiti project, finishing comforters and other small projects. All are invited.
Sunday 12/9 - Sunday School Christmas Program at 12:00 - The Sunday School and Bible Class students will present a program celebrating the birth of our Savior Jesus.
- Deadline to Join the Roanoke Haiti Work Team - The Roanoke church has another opportunity to support the Lord’s work in Haiti with this season's construction team. The dates for the upcoming work team are February 15-22, 2018. If you are interested in going on the work team please contact Bro. Jonathan Hodel by Dec 12th.
- Youth Activities
- Bible Class - Random Acts of Kindness at 6:15 - Students should meet at the Fellowship Hall pizza and random acts of kindness. The activities will be completed by 8:30.
- Scripture Memory Class Christmas Party at the Nursing Home at 7:15
2019 Information Changes and Updates - To be completed by Sunday 12/16
- Church Phone Directory - If you have any updates you may either fill out the form online (http://www.roanokeacchurch.org/directoryUpdate.asp), send an email (DirectoryUpdates@roanokeacchurch.org), or fill out a paper form in the North hall and drop it in the box near the bulletin board.
- One Call Now - To update any information on the OneCallNow system used for weekly announcements and church notifications, or to be added to the Prayer Request email list, please contact Sis. Jenell Hodel at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dinner List - If anyone wishes to add or remove their name please contact Bro. Don or Sis. Colleen Leman
- All Church Rotating Potluck - If you were signed up for this year’s potluck you will automatically be included for 2019. If you have any additions or deletions to the existing list, please note them on the sheet posted in the back hall and on the women’s bulletin board. All are welcome to participate.
Nursing Home - There is a sign-up sheet on the bulletin board for individual birthday cakes and cookies for the nursing home for 2019. This is a great way for you to support the Home from your own home.
Assistant Funeral Coordinator - We need a volunteer to fill the job of assistant funeral coordinator. The job is two year commitment. The second year you would move to the head funeral coordinator position. Please contact one of the trustees if you feel moved to accept this position.
HarvestCall’s Winter Rebuilding Ministry will be in Hardin County, Texas - Forty volunteers are needed each week through March 29, 2019. Online registration is required for team members at www.harvestcall.org
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.