Sunday 5/5 - Communion Service at the Home at 1:45
Wednesday 5/81 - As a Father - Sermon on the Mount Series - Matt 7:6-12 (Bro. Mike Kaisner/Peoria ) Memory Verse: “Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find: knock, and it shall be opened unto you:” Matthew 7:7
Sunday 5/19 – Baccalaureate Service - All Bible Class students should meet in the Bible Class room downstairs at 9:30AM for a short song practice, and parents of Seniors should meet in the North Hall at 9:50AM. Please keep our Seniors and their families in your prayers as they make this transition out of high school, that God may direct their paths..
June 3-7 - Vacation Bible School
- Sign-up Sheets have been posted on the bulletin board:
- New Students: Please list names for incoming 3 year olds as well as children who are not on the Sunday School roster that plan to come to VBS.
- Food Donations and Workers for Snacks
- Online Sign-up will be done for VBS teachers, Guides, and Craft Helpers. This sign-up will be emailed out on Monday May 6th.
- Information Meeting on Sunday May 19 at 11:45 in the intermediate Sunday School singing area for all who have signed up to teach at VBS.
- Questions regarding VBS, please contact Sisters Marjorie Bertschi or Jamie Hodel.
- Renault Sunday School Collection - We are requesting gently used summer kids clothes, shoes, and book bags. We need boys and girls sizes 2T - adult small. Please no winter clothes. Thank you so much for your donation! It has always been a huge blessing to the children. If you have questions please contact Sis. Mandy Yordy.
- Visiting Ministers and Topics are listed below. Please be prayerful for these brothers as they share the Truth of God’s Word with our Bible Class and congregation. Bible Class students should meet in the North Hall at 6:50 PM and we would appreciate if the congregation would sit forward as much as possible, filling in behind the benches that will be Reserved for the Bible Class and teachers.
- Monday, June 3 - Bro. Andrew Rassi (Morton) Theme: Abandoned for a Purpose: A Drifting Baby Was No Accident
- Tuesday, June 4 - Bro. Matthew Kaisner (Fairbury) Theme: Called to Make a Difference: Don’t Ignore That Burning Bush
- Wednesday, June 5 - Bro. Rich Martin (Gridley) Theme: Courage to Face the Bully: Following God When It Gets Hard
- Thursday, June 6 - Bro. Ryan Hoerr (Princeville) Theme: Nothing But the Blood: A Deadly Night and God’s Protection
- Friday, June 7 - Bro. Jeremiah Psinas (Morton) Theme: God Will Make a Way: I Can Trust Him When I am Afraid
The Silver Lining - has been featuring special topical sections with submissions from our readers. You are encouraged to contribute. The next topic is: How have you benefited from believers exercising their spiritual gifts? Please send your contributions (length: no more than 600 words) on this topic to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 15, 2019
Nursing Home - The nursing home has six pots that need to be planted this spring and watered throughout the summer. If you are interested in planting and maintaining any, please call the Home.
HarvestCall Proclaim and Serve Conference at Roanoke Church on July 19-20
- Save the Date - Volunteers and overnight accommodations will needed.
- You can register for the conference at: https://www.proclaimandserve.org/
- On Friday night there is a “Cost of Poverty Experience” that would be of particular interest for families with older children.
- This is a 2.5-hour experiential training, designed to give participants a glimpse into the lives of low-income persons in their community by walking in their shoes through a simulated month. Feel what it is like to stay one step ahead of the bill collectors, navigate government agencies, try to get help from a church, avoid being evicted, and struggle with broken-down cars or costly medical bills while trying to find or hold down a job. You come away with more empathy for those in material poverty and greater insight into how to effectively minister to them. NOTE: this workshop has a $40/person suggested donation to cover the cost of materials and outside facilitator fees
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.